A lot of our buying is forced by the brand image and advertisements. However, the products leaves a lot to be desired when you use them.
So I have heard many a thing about how amazing the Neutrogena products are esp the oil free range. Thankfully, I do not have an oily skin but my hubby does. He has got an oily skin with blackheads and acme outbursts.
After going through some rave reviews, I logged to #Flipkart with #Billion Sales [just kidding] and bought-
1) Oil Free Acne Wash
2) Deep Clean Blackhead eliminating Cooling toner.
I gifted this comparative to Lotus and Garnier products that he was using earlier, to him expecting it to address his woes, if not do the miracle. Well it reassured another long travelling belief of mine- The high price tag does not still ensure quality.
So the experience was not something to write home about. To sum it up, here's what I think about these two products-
1) The face wash is harsh in texture, giving excessive feeling of harsh chemicals being used and is totally non effective on pimples.
2) Irrespective of texture, the face wash was highly ineffective. Instead of controlling the acne and pimples, it rather, aggravated them.
3) The face wash given it's translated benefits, is not worth the money you spend.
4) The pump dispenser and the transparent bottle are the only 2 good things about this product.
I tried this product on my face and unfortunately my skin too break into acne/ pimples post 2 usages. So you can well understand what will it to the skin that it claims to serve.
The Cooling Toner
1) The toner unlike the face wash is somewhat better and does not disrupt the skin post application
2) It was OK and refreshing on skin and absorbed easily
3) Better capping/dispenser could have helped
Haute Kutir's verdict: On a scale of 5, with 5 being highest, I would rate both of them as-
Neutrogena Oil Free Face wash:- 1 / 5
Neutrogena Deep clean Toner- 2 / 5
Will I buy them again? NO
Would I recommend it to others- Certainly NO.