I liked the artwork of the New Envy Box that I promptly subscribed to it. Yeah, I am that crazy and knowing that I would barely use the products from beauty subscription boxes [I am a woman of fewer cosmetics you see], I went and ordered this one.
Isn't this Rainforest artwork with a colorful keel-billed Toucan Bird lovely?
My Envy Box May 2016
Here's how it looks:
What: Monthly Subscription Beauty Box
Which: My Envy Box May 2016
Theme: Tropical Beauty Edition
What's Inside my MEB?
I have Vlogged the unboxing video, and spoken about the products in it. If you have not seen it yet, request you to subscribe to my +YouTube India Channel and have a look. Reposting the same details here would make the content repetitive for my readers, hence, urge you to see the video.
1) Gulnare Handmade Skincare- Seaflo Face wash: Rs 350/- Never Heard of this brand before sugarbox. I generally do not like getting Face wash unless very exotic in my subscription boxes. However, this looks interesting as it promises to be 100% natural.
2) Votre Botanical Toning Mist: Ok so this one is not a full sized product which is 100ml. However this 50 ml nonetheless good sized bottle. It seems to be an unisexual product and the fact that it suggests that its is-
- 100% vegan
- Paraben Free
- Cruelty Free; PETA Certified [Most Important
- Dermatologically Tested and BUAV certified
This makes the product very interesting and a #mustTry. Kudos to Votre and MEB team for this inclusion
3) Roots & Above Lemon Essential oil [Full Size @Rs375]: This one came in almost an empty bottle. Looks like it got into the wrong side of heat while transportation and packaging. When I opened my box, I was greeted by a pleasant tropical lemon scent. Only to realize that it wasn't the potpourri-like thing from Rose Themed MSM box [Man it still smells so heavenly that I am using that beautiful box to store my face tissues]. The fragrance was the spilled leftover content from the bottle. The product promises a sea of things in description card. I will definitely use this in my bathing water and let you know how it feels. The product looks good thus far.
Another Good inclusion team MEB!
4) Island Kiss Lip Moisturizer [Full-sizeRs 499]: Another lip moisturizer in another box. Although, the product is colorful, looks good and has a great flirty-cheeky tint too [swatch in my video]. It is another good tropical inclusion and the ingredient lists sound quite exotic. I am gonna use it. This is the kind of product I was expecting in the previous MEB box [April 2016] curated by Bipasha Basu though.
Others: The Box also has an exclusive "try before you buy offer" from Kiehl's. More details on my video. I am no kicked about it as Kiehl's already does a complimentary consultation for the visitors and provide samples too. Good thing is that the card is not dated, so you can use anytime you visit the store, provided you are carrying it along and your city has Kiehl's store :)
What I liked about this Box
- The beautiful theme and the beautiful execution of the theme. [I am such a tropical lover]
- Almost 3-4 full sized products without having either of a drugstore or almost in all beauty subscription box brand.
- Value for money: Almost 4 full sized @ Rs 850
- Prompt delivery on time unlike Fabbag that delivers at the distal end of the month or next month irrespective of how early you placed an order unless you subscribe for 6 months.
- Prompt Customer Response: I wrote to the team MEB about the spilled oil in my box and they immediately promised to replace it soon. I know they will as their previous PRO, the lovely Justine has done this in past
- A good respite from pink and red mundane boxes/bags if you want to keep the box.
What could have been better
This is absolutely from a marketer point of view. The delivery time could be better, preferably first week of the month since the products are uniform and not curated as per individual buyer. However, that is a logistic call, including packaging wherein one product, comes slightly damaged in almost every box. However, instead of the brand, I would credit that anomaly to logistics services in India incl Big Brands like Blue Dart of in spite of charging a bomb, delivers products in tarnished order.
A little more tropical flavors could be included like Pineapple, Mango, Citrusy fruits
Haute Kutir Verdict
Tropical forests are known for their vegan, organic and natural ways. Coming up with a theme like Tropical Beauty and carving products that are organic and natural is impressive. coming up with a new design every month is not just creative but also highlight's a brand's sincerity to delight their subscribers. At the end of the day, what the box offers is all that matter.
The Envy Box - Tropical Beauty Edition" offers a good melange of products and value especially for the subscribers who have subscribed for 3 months and above. This was a self-paid box and all my reviews are unbiased as always.
I rate this edition as 4.5/5 and a #MustBuy for the month!
Keep it natural and Simple
Follow us on Snapchat